Often we forget that our jaw joint (TMJ) is just like every other joint in the body. It has ligaments, joint capsules and even a disc not dissimilar to the discs you have in your spine. Just like every other joint in our body it can be a source of pain and can be quite debilitating considering we use so much with speech, eating, yawing, smiling, laughing, yelling.
Metta Physiotherapy has special interest in conditions of the head neck and jaw, in particular treatment of the temporomandibular joint. Below are some issues that physiotherapy may assist:
- Clicking and noises within the temporomandibular Joint
- Clenching and grinding and strategies to help decrease habits
- Referred tooth pain without dental causes
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Referred ear pain and tinnitus
- Bell’s Palsy rehabilitation